- Downtown Fort Myers
- Office Location:
- Fort Myers
Don Paight is an Associate at CRE Consultants who specializes in the Fort Myers River District. Prior to joining CRE Consultants, Don was the founding Executive Director of the Fort Myers Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), a position he held for nearly 30 years. During his tenure as Executive Director, downtown experienced over $1 billion of public and private investment resulting in the River District becoming a dining, shopping, employment and residential destination.
Significant projects completed or funded by the Agency under his direction included: development of a comprehensive City, County, State, and Federal government center; two major downtown plan updates; a 54-block streetscape improvement project; over 1,200 new riverfront condominium units; a riverfront park and Riverwalk; and the opening of over 60 new storefront businesses.
Don also served as the Deputy Director of the Memphis, Tennessee Center City Commission and Executive Director of the Norwich, Connecticut Downtown Redevelopment Program. He has participated in continuing education programs at Cornell University and the Harvard Graduate School of Design.
- David E. Cardwell Lifetime Achievement Award from the Florida Redevelopment Association in 2016
Affiliations & Accreditations
- Downtown Property Owners Association, President (2018)
- United Way Allocations Committee
- Past member of the Florida Redevelopment Association Board of Directors
- Past member of the Conference and Convention Council Board of Directors
- Past President of the Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
- University of Miami, Bachelors degree in Public Administration
- Memphis State University, Master of Science; Urban Geography